Touch is a new born babies most powerful sense, developing in the womb and continuing to provide your baby with comfort throughout infancy.
Practising Baby Massage with your baby has been proved to have a number of long term physiological and emotional benefits for baby and you!
Massage can relax, soothe and calm your baby the physical benefits are practically endless but the immediate effects include:
- Alleviates the common symptoms of colic, teething, painful wind and constipation.
- Aids in soothing teething pains, wind and constipation pain relating to stress.
- Encourages babies to sleep better and for sustained periods.
- Provides a relaxing activity for both mother, father, grandparent, carer and baby.
- Can help reduce post natal depression and help improve that special bond.
- Boosts self esteem and self confidence in new mums.
- Helps stimulate baby's important health system and functions including coordination, respiration, digestion, learning and language development.
- Helps stimulate a natural milk flow during breastfeeding.
Baby Massage is especially effective with premature babies, massage techniques can be adapted to help increase much needed weight gain and prevent any further well-being complications. Babies with special needs are also well known to benefit from regular skilled massage.
As well as the benefits for baby, massage stimulates the release of hormones in the mother which can help with bonding, stress, pain relief and breastfeeding.
Baby massage is suitable from birth until around 12months.
We offer 5 week courses which last for 90minutes over the weeks your skills and massage routine will develop with hand outs provided weekly for you to take home. At the end of each session a variety of refreshments are available along with bottle warming facilities and a selection of toys some mums have time to chat, share experiences and build lasting friendships.
If you would like the opportunity to sample baby massage, have more specific requirements or simply would like to build your confidence prior to attending a course, one to one sessions are also available in the comfort of your own home please do not hesitate to contact me to discuss.
All Beauty and Baby courses run on the basis that baby comes first!!!
Babies will not always follow the timetable so whether they require a feed, nappy change or are simply a little unsettled we expect these situations so there is no pressure or judgment. We aim to provide a welcoming and relaxing approach to the courses we offer giving our customers confidence in an informative and knowledgeable environment.